I m Cool With A Bikini: Sonam Kapoor

Sonam-Kapoor
For someone, who entered Bollywood with Saawariya, a film, which didn’t exactly make waves at the BO, this zesty, perky gal has come a long way! With Delhi-6, Sonam Kapoor firmly established herself as a hot-dresser, with plenty of spunk and chutzpah, and an actress who can hold

her own in front of formidable co-stars. She hasn’t looked back after that! With some impressive projects in her kitty, Sonam is now awaiting the release of Aisha, a film produced by her kid sister Rhea. An excited Sonam speaks to NT about sibling revelry, her “dance dilemmas” and future projects.
‘My job’s over!’
With Aisha being a family project, isn’t she worried about the over-expectations from all quarters? Sonam replies in a cool-as-a-cucumber tone: “Frankly, my job as an actress is over! Now it’s the producer’s and director’s call. But, I really had a great time during the shoot and now I’m very relaxed. So, no fears!”
Bonding time!
But, Rhea being the producer of the film, did badi didi have to toe the line of her younger sis? Getting into a protective mode, Sonam replies: “Rhea knows her job and together we had a blast. As it is, we don’t tread on each other’s toes and seldom have any fights.” And what about her brother Harshvardhan? “He’s a baby and studying filmmaking abroad.” So, will the B’town see the three siblings joining hands for a particular film? The big sis says: “Who knows! But first, Harsh has to finish his education because that’s very important.”
‘I only compete with myself!’
Sonam’s known for her poise and down-to-earth approach. How does she handle the reports of competition between her and Deepika Padukone? “I only compete with myself! So, I don’t pay heed to such reports,” says she. But then, why is it that two actresses of same genre, can never be lasting friends. The lady says: “Maybe because they don’t have time for each other! That’s why all my friends are non-filmi people!”
Looking ahead!
The actresses who’s currently shooting in Edinburgh for her film Mausam with Shahid Kapoor, says she’s in love with the Highlands. “The weather in Scotland’s amazing and Shahid’s a superb co-star, who makes you very comfortable. I’m also looking forward to Thank You with Akshay, which’s a fun film.”
Style mile!
Her costumes in Saawariya had failed to impress the glamour-hungry tinseltown. Ask her, how did she manage to become a style diva in such a short span, and Sonam replies with a laugh: “I took all the criticism in my stride and worked on my look. Since I love make-up and clothes, it was a cakewalk! I’m happy when people appreciate my dresses, my earrings or hairstyle.”
‘My regret!’
Not many know that this glam babe loves to “gate-crash parties” too. She says with a giggle: “Sadly, I don’t get to indulge this sport these days!” And what are the other passions that make her go? “I love ballets. Being a trained Kathak dancer, it’s unfortunate that I haven’t been able to showcase my art in any of my films,” she laments.
Bindaas babe!
And what about the reports of “food-stealing sessions” that she, Lisa Haydon, Ira Dubey and Amrita Puri indulged in recently at Rishikesh? She replies rather sheepishly, “Yes, I stole food and sneaked it in my hotel room. Since I didn’t have to wear a bikini, unlike other girls, it was OK to binge on food.” Does that mean she’s averse to wearing bikinis in her films? The lady replies nonchalantly: “I don’t mind wearing a bikini, provided the role and the script require it, but not for the heck of it!”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS